Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Depression

Hey guys,
So todays topic is a little more serious than usual. But it's important. Today I'm going to talk about depression. Depression can be a scary thing to talk about but looking around I see so many people who are depressed. Some of the most depressed people I know are the ones who cover their pain with a smile. I'm one of those people.

Things have always been hard for me. I've always felt like everyone hates me. Honestly, I could never blame them. I've always hated me too. I saw nothing good about myself. I mean whats to like? I'm fat and ugly and barely have any friends. And on top of all that I have an anxiety disorder that stops me from being able to speak most of the time!

Last summer was the most challenging summer I've ever had. I was so depressed. I had so much going on. Most of it's too private to put in this blog though.

It's hard being a teenager in todays society. You have so many things pressuring you like school, family and friends. It can all be a bit much.

You're never alone though. One in five teenagers in Ireland either have anxiety disorders or self harm. That's 20%! That's extremely high! Unfortunately I'm in that 20%.

Please don't ever feel so bad that it forces you to self harm! It is one of the worst things you could ever do to yourself and so much could go wrong. So please don't! No matter how bad things get there's always a solution that doesn't involve hurting yourself.

Luckily I'm not as depressed as I used to be. My church youth pastor helped me through so much. I don't even want to think where I'd be right now if it wasn't for him. He encouraged me to trust in God and give all my pain to God and my youth pastor prayed with me a few times and I can honestly say that God's helped me through the mess I was in and brought me to where I am today.

If you ever need somebody to talk to who understands I'm here. I won't judge you or mock you for it because I truly understand. I know how it feels to smile all day and cry all night and I would be willing to help you if you needed someone. You can email me. My email is: typicalbloggergirl14@gmail.com

Talk to you all later,
                                   BloggerGirl xox

No comments:

Post a Comment